Saturday, September 8, 2012

~this ‘n that and beach coastal shots~

Hello friends,


IMG_3270


Well that was a rather long unplanned blogging break! I had great intentions for me and this little ol’ blog in the summer months, I always seem to forget just one small detail : my kids are home too!! 

So I didn’t get to post here on the blog but if you follow me on facebook or instagram {raggygirlvintage} you will know a little of my summer goings-on. {I must say I am having a lot of fun with instagram, it is so on-the-go user-friendly and the filters are FUN!}

So I spent much of the summer ferrying the kids to their various activities, but evenso we all enjoyed the change of pace. I hadn’t realised quite how much until I had to start getting up at 6am again. I know for some of you that is the norm, but I find it rather early!!


IMG_3206


The highlight of the summer for me was undoubtedly a family trip down to the Oregon coast, it had long been on my wish list and I was smitten, it was love at first sight, simply gorgeous ocean and waves. Loved every minute of it!


IMG_3218


Long golden beaches, frothy waves, sunshine, fires on the beach….


IMG_3106


This was the view of sunset from our bedroom window. I know. 
I KNOW!!
We woke to the same view each morning and watched the tide ebb and flow.


IMG_3182


And of course I got to do a little of this…


IMG_3248


and this…
which about makes for a perfect vacation!


IMG_3250


This was one of my favourites, in an old church building that also served as a school once. Gorgeous wood floors and quaint white siding.


IMG_3220


Well I just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know I’m back!
 Remember that beachy coastal party I told you I was planning for the summer, well I have some photos of that to show you too. 
I am not quite ready to leap into fall, I’m holding summer tight with both hands, so we’ll stick with beachy coastal just a little longer shall we?


Just loved this gorgeous weathered board fence down at the beach, wouldn’t it be awesome for making signs. When it falls down of course!


IMG_3101


Here are a few more coastal shots:


IMG_3262

IMG_3273

IMG_3109

Some of you may recognise this landmark, yes, it is Haystack Rock!


IMG_3211


Be back soon!
Tracey


IMG_3141

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some nice crisp photographs. :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your pictures are beautiful...it sounds like you had a lovely summer! Welcome back!

XO,
Jane

Amy Kinser said...

Glad to see your blog post. Happy you are settling back in.

Blessings my friend.

Lady Pamela said...

I would love to go to the Oregon Coast, too. I have a friend who goes every fall and they love it.
*Smiles*

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I want to do a trip like that, too! I have been MIA from the blog scene as well, too busy! I am loving instagram, too, it's so easy to use and fun to see daily going-ons.

~Shanon

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Oh thank you for posting those wonderful pictures, taking me away to that lovely place. I have to agree with you that I am holding onto summer with both hands too. Welcome back to the land of blogging, I missed ya but am so glad you had such a wonderful time. I must go there sometime soon.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...