Sunday, July 1, 2012

~beachy summer mantle raggygirlvintage style~

Hello friends,

Well I have been having fun putting our living spaces back together after the white wall transformation…..
 
2012-06-25 15.33.12


For those who are interested, the final colour choice was Benjamin Moore “snowfall white”. I tried several whites before settling on this one, as all the other whites I tried were reading very cream in this space. I am very happy with this white, it is neutral and does not read overly warm or cool. 

HOWEVER, I can not recommend it as a colour choice as what should have covered in 2 coats (we were using their top end Aura paint) ended up taking us 5 coats and cut-ins. Good thing I actually like it, right!

So, if you read my chippy door post here, you will know that I am going with a beachy coastal look in my living room for the summer. So I thought you might like to see my summer mantle, I wanted to keep it super simple and fresh.

IMG_2816


This shabby little mirror is the focal point, I really love this mirror! It has been very versatile as it has moved around this raggygirlvintage home!

 I added a blue mason jar for that touch of coastal colour in an otherwise neutral mantlescape, with a white gerbera daisy. And yes, that is a real flower, it’s just this thing I have, I like fresh cut flowers! Even if they have wiggly stems!

2012-06-25 15.32.07


I picked out three of my smaller white pitchers, you can never go wrong with a white pitcher. Let’s hear a cheer for the humble white pitcher!! 
Some of my pitchers are vintage, some are brand spanking new, I buy them if I love them, I’m not really concerned about their value.

2012-06-25 15.32.21


I have silver candlesticks at either end of the mantle, and of course a couple white starfish to complete the beachy theme. Starfish are also very versatile in decorating and these have shown up in vignettes all over raggygirlvintage home. They are not always easy to find, so I recommend if you see them snap a couple up. 

I am doing a beach themed party next weekend and the starfish will be making an appearance there too.

2012-06-25 15.32.46


Finally I have a couple vintage wooden and metal stamps, I love them for their patina and interest factor. The numbers are kinda random, the “E” is for our last name.

2012-06-25 15.32.37


I have had several requests to show more of my living room and home, not just peeks of the door or mantle, and while I’m a little shy to do that {how silly am I??}, I have taken a few shots and will be putting a post together soon, so you can see the full beachy picture!

So, whatcha think? I love being greeted by the simplicity of it all when I walk down the stairs in the morning, fresh white walls, chippy aqua door, calm coastal mantel. Feels like summer:-)

2012-06-25 15.33.12


Here’s a picture of my fabulous chippy door, in case you missed it. You can see more photos here.

2012-06-25 15.36.33


PS. You can follow raggygirlvintage fb here


and instagram @ raggygirlvintage

2012-06-027

10 comments:

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Happy Canada Day Tracey....so love your mantle display!!
xojanis

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

I just love this!! The paint looks great!! Are you going to show us the whole room? White and the beach look is hands down my favorite.

Amy Kinser said...

Your mantel looks just beautifully perfect! Love it all!

You know how much I am in love with that door, right?

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

so pretty I really need to decorate my space better! I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore, Read, and Made Link party

marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Number Fifty-Three said...

I just found your link on Primp and have been exploring your blog. I love everything I see so far & I'm now following you.

Angela

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Dear Tracey!!!
I love your mantel!
Love everything: the white pitchers, the mason jar and daisy... the candle holders...
Great job!!!
I also wanted to pass you the Sunshine Award! I know we have known each other just for a few weeks now, but I love your positive energy! You were so kind to me when we met in person, and I also love your blog and your taste! Please check my latest post to read more about the Sunshine Award! Hugs!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Hi Tracey! I've missed a few posts so I had to go back and read a few.
First of all.......that...door...is....to....die....for!!!!!!!!! OMG, it is simply amazing. I love it with your new white walls. You have inspired me to paint, I have been talking about it long enough. Time to get going on that! My walls are similar to your "before" colors and I definitely want them to be your "after" photos!
I can't wait to see the rest of your room, love your beachy mantle.

~Shanon

Erin said...

I'd say you accomplished your mission, Tracey! You've created a beautiful and airy space. And, wow, that door is SO gorgeous!

Take care,
Erin @ Carolina Country Living
(visiting from The Ironstone Nest's Transformation Tuesday)

Honey at 2805 said...

It includes all my favorites: ironstone, starfish, mercury glass, blue mason and mirrors! Thank your for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

Unknown said...

Tracey, you have done a fine job. It’s been such a pleasure for me to watch these amazing pictures. You actually made them look gorgeous.xoxo

Build Coupon

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...