Wednesday, May 18, 2011

~be still my beating heart~

nothing gets my heart a-beating quite like a "free" sign

you know that feeling



i'm always reading about everyone else's amazing finds

and hoping maybe, just maybe, one day it's me!

so imagine my delight when driving home I spotted this gorgeous chippy window on the side of the road



with a big "free" sign attached

could it be??

well peeps, you've never seen a van u-turn quite that fast

it was in my sticky paws within seconds

isn't it perfect



chippy white paint, all the glass intact

~it was love I tell you~

now of course everytime I drive by that house my eyes are peeled!

just in case....

for now it's just leaned up against a wall




and made a great backdrop for my pillow photos



but i have a spot in mind

~oh yes I do~

just breaking it in gently

have to do that in my house, change things gradually you know!

i'm linking up my new treasure to Kathleen's White Wednesday

~and~

as it's Kathleen's 100th White Wednesday post she has a fabulous giveaway going  - don't miss it!




Tracey

14 comments:

Unknown said...

are you kidding me?? wow...what a find and free? so lovely!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Yea! I am so glad it was finally your turn to score, Now I'm jealous!!

Carol

Anonymous said...

You can't beat free! That's my motto! That would make a great table top!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh ya you scored a beauty for sure.Awesome! ~Cheers Kim

Cathy said...

Love it and any treasure that is FREE! LOL A few months ago while going down the road a great old rusty set of bed springs was leaning against a tree with a "free" sign attached...now I LOVE old bed springs, and I can't tell you how fast I hit the brakes for that one! You never know just what you will find that makes your heart go "pitter patter" while driving down the road!
Happy Junkin....Cathy aka GGJ

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi lucky...love it!!

Sherri said...

If I lived in your town....I would be following you around....WHAT a great find. You go girl!
http://twotulipstalking.blogspot.com/

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Tracey,
What a kind, sweet post you left on my blog tonight - thank you so much! I too can't resist a FREE sign. That's a fabulous window that you got. So many possibilities!
Sharon :-)

Lynn said...

I'd have snatched that chippy window too, Tracey! It's great! And of course "free" makes it all the better. Thanks for visiting Cottage and Creek. It's so fun to see what everyone is finding and collecting. Have a great week.
~Lynn

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Lucky girl! So charming! Love old windows!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Talk about a lucky find! That window is perfect chippy goodness!
Whoo hoo!
have a pretty day!
Kristin

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a great find! It's a wonderful window...I've never seen one quite like it!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome window! I love the thin panes. How cool. I might be inclined to pop the panes out, stand it upright, and hang folded towels over the (bars? slats? you know what I mean) in my bath. But, I certainly do LOVE it with the panes so maybe not! Whatever you do, it will be gorgeous. Thanks for the introduction!

Unknown said...

By panes, I mean glass just in case that didn't make sense. ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...