Tuesday, April 19, 2011

~chippy paint love~

yup, it was love at first sight

i wasn't even shopping, not really...

then i spotted this chippy old mirror



i walked away...

...and then i walked back

...and then i finally went inside

it was a wonderful chippy old window

several layers of paint





with the mirror pieces already fitted

how could i pass it up?

so home it came

and i gotta tell you

~i'm still in love~



and while we're at it, here are a few shots of my spring mantle in progress

old books tied with twine



an old canning jar with rusty zinc lid 

i found these number tiles in a thrift store, have no idea what they were meant for



but i do love them in this old jar



architectural what-not



wire crowns with sparklies



two sweet little birdies chatting about my chippy mirror



a little bit of easter - vintage easter shadow box with fuzzy bunny



and a vintage mirror behind



isn't this little guy sweet, even if his eye has rubbed off!
little bunny egg cup in robin's egg blue, made in Japan




i have a little more up there than i usually do, but it's interesting right!

of course it would all look so much nicer on a white mantle

right hon??

mr keeper always gets a little worried when he sees me starting to move things around...

you'd think he'd be used to it after all these years

a little fluffing keeps a gal happy after all!

~I'm linking up with Kathleen at White Wednesday~

she's got some great chippy paint going on this week too!



Tracey

~don't forget to check out the giveaway on my sidebar~

8 comments:

Kathy said...

really terrific mirror - just love it - the bunnies and the birds are adorable!
Wonderful whites,
Kathy

Ricki Treleaven said...

The mirror is fantastic. This is a great post :D I love anything chippy and white....even better with a little bit of green. I am visiting from Faded Charm's White Wednesday.

Blondie's Journal said...

You found some great things, Tracey! I am in love with your mirror!

XO,
Jane

Barbara Jean said...

very cool old numbers. have not sen those before
love the old window and little white box too.

blessings
barbara jean

Ido said...

Hi Tracey, love your whites, specially that mirror! Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I found my "white crowned bird" at Michaels for $1.50 half price.
Have a wonderful day!
XXX Ido

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

What a beautiful spring mantel! I adore your chippy, window mirror and all of your unique and pretty accessories!

Amanda

Arabella said...

Happy White Wednesday to you - I'm a new follower :O)

The chippy mirror is awesome and I love the display you created with all your little treasures. Hope you can come over & say hi sometime: http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

Razmataz said...

Thank you for following my blog and the comment on my white slipcovers. I am happy to see you are a fellow Canadian.!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...