Friday, April 23, 2010

pink flower basket

I thought I'd show you the little flower basket I put together today

one of my very dearest friends was moving house, if you've been following my posts this week you'll know I haven't had a lot of spare time...

...but I wanted to drop something by today, something a little different than a bunch of flowers

so I picked up this cute wicker basket at the thrift store, and wouldn't you know they had a plant sale going on, saving me an extra trip to the garden centre




I gave it a quick coat of fresh paint - glossy white (sorry, forgot the before shot!)

grabbed a piece of burlap and another of white broderie anglaise to line the basket




tucked in five mostly pink geraniums






















tied a bunch of vintage laces and ribbons on the handle






and there you have it!!




now I know I could have done a whole lot more with it, but the point is, I only had a couple minutes which just goes to show it doesn't have to take a long time to pretty a gift up a little:-)

oh, and then I found this cute card which I thought would be great as a "welcome to your new home", so I tucked that in the basket too



 
Happy days!
Tracey

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift basket Tracey. I love that idea and I love how it is so thoughtful and you have added your own personal touch. Hope you get some time to yourself this weekend to recharge and refresh, ready to go again! xx

Debby said...

Gorgeous basket and the card is beautiful.
debby

Kym said...

What a clever idea...I think your friend would be delighted to recieve such a gift. So very thoughtful and just goreous. I love your blog and will be following. thanks Kym X

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Tracey!
Your Spring-y basket is simply beautiful!
Isn't it amazing what a little white paint can do? :-)

Have a great week!
Anne

Jennifer said...

I love packaging - it's so much fun to make a gift or a basket look extra special in a unique way - you did a fab job - I love this! Jennifer jennsthreegraces

Miss Gracie's House said...

love the burlap with pink!
Rene'

Sandi said...

Beautiful Tracey! It is all about the packaging/presentation and you did a fabulous job! I just found out today that I am to decorate for a ladies tea at our church next Sunday afternoon so I need to get my thinking cap on and fast! I think I will do mini plants in teacups for part of it, but otherwise haven't a clue yet. :)
Hugs~

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

oh my gosh! Those are the sweetest little pictures! so pretty and full of charm! Thanks for your sweet comment at my place! until later...

Lauren said...

what a darling idea! I love quick and easy gift ideas. Especially ones I would like myself...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...